Sunday, February 24, 2013

My husband's advanced birthday dinner...

Friday, February 22, 2013, we decided to treat my family out for dinner as an early birthday celebration for my husband Marlon. We made our reservation at Chef's Lab by Chef Bruce Lim at Burgos Circle in The Fort. The place was a bit small but has this cozy homey feel in it.


We had Tacos with Mango Salsa dip and Corn and Bacon Chowder as appetizers.


For our main course, we ordered his signature dish which is Crispy Pata with Ensaladang Talong, Kare-Kare and, as requested by the celebrant, we also had their Spicy Tuna Sashimi.


For me, their Kare-Kare is a must-try. It doesn't taste peanut-y at all and is a bit sweet (which I loved). Although, the serving is a bit small for its price of almost P500. Their Crispy Pata is also a winner. It can serve upto 4 people per order so we had 2 of them (P900 per order). It is tender and juicy so even kids will be able to enjoy it.

After dinner, we went to Serendra for some coffee. We went straight to Seattle's Best. I had hot choco while my parents got hot coffee. My sisters, on the other hand, went to Happy Lemon for some Cocoa with Rock Salt and Cheese.


It was such a tiring but fun night. I hope that Marlon enjoyed it as well. On the day of his birthday (25th), the 2 of us will be celebrating alone. Do you guys have any suggestions on what we can do on this day?...

No comments:

Post a Comment